Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My Persian has small ulcers on her upper and lower lips so

Customer Question

My Persian has small ulcers on her upper and lower lips so our vet gave her a cortisone shot about 6 days ago. She has been treated for this condition in the past. I took her back to the vet yesterday because she is losing her hair in large patches around the neck area. There was a small, vertical translucent scab located high on the left side of her neck that fell off, but the hair continues to fall out along the neck line and down the chest. Her general blood work showed no problems and the urinalysis came back normal. In that short time period though she has lost 1.2 lbs and now only weighs 7.4 lbs. Additionally, she seems listless and doesn't have her same personality. She is eating and drinking, but I have noticed some accidents outside of the liter box which is not the norm. Any suggestions of which avenue we might need to address would greatly be appreciated.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Christi Belew replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** I'd like to ask a few additional questions about Khari to provide a better assessment for you. How long ago was the bloodwork and urinalysis done? Before the cortisone shot? Has she had any vomiting or diarrhea? Did your vet do any skin diagnostics (skin scrape or cytology)?

Hello, I did not receive any responses to my initial questions, can I be of further assistance?