Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

One of my cats, a black hair tabby, has a skin condition

Customer Question

One of my cats, a black long hair tabby, has a skin condition that presents itself as crusty patches with loss of hair in these areas. It's sort of like mange disease which affects dogs. He seems to be healthy otherwise, eats well, drinks plenty of water, etc. He may have a few fleas. It's hard to tell. We used Frontline Plus, but he's shown no improvement. Is there anything we can do? And can you tell us the cause of this condition? Also, non of my other cats (seven of them) have this condition and they are all indoor cats.
Thanks.
Judy Henley
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebekah Kane replied 5 months ago.

Hi there, I am Dr. Kane, and I will do my best to assist you with your pet today. Please give me a moment to type up a response to your concerns. In the meantime- please take a moment to relay any other pertinent information. Sound good?