PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

Causes tremors and jerky movements, and makes m a “wobbly

Customer Question

causes tremors and jerky movements, and makes him a “wobbly cat.”
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What condition causes tremors and jerky movements, and makes him a “wobbly cat.”?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hi, Sandy. Thanks for your question.

I am not able to provide a phone call at this time, but we can chat over the computer if that's okay.

1) When did these episodes begin?
2) Are they all the time or intermittent?
3) Do you have a video to share of these tremors and jerky movements?
4) Is Wildman still eating and drinking well?
5) How are is urination and bowel habits?
6) Is he indoors only or indoor/outdoor?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Since I adopted him.
All the time.
No video.
He eats and drinks well.
Bathroom habits are normal.
He's an indoor/outdoor cat.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I adopted him 3 months ago.

Without a video, it's hard to tell what you're seeing.

If this is all the time, you're unlikely to be seeing seizures. There are conditions that sound similar like cerebellar hypoplasia that can cause jerky movements in cats like this and would be life-long, but the shelter should have disclosed this before adoption: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7XVyg16ens

If this condition has not been diagnosed, I would take the opportunity to have him examined by your vet. If there are any treatments available, you'd most certainly want to look into them. Otherwise, he may be like this for life.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you

Checking in. How is wild man?