Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic cats, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.

Small 2 month old kitten with upper respitory problem. Nose

Customer Question

Small 2 month old kitten with upper respitory problem. Nose runny and sneezes. Was very healthy and active. She seems warm with fever.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

I'm sorry your kitten is having this problem. I agree with you that this is likely an upper respiratory infection. What you can do right now to help with the symptoms is put her in a bathroom with a hot shower running and close the door so she can breathe in the steam to help clear her sinuses. You should also consider feeding her moistened food warmed in the microwave if her appetite is low. In some cases this is enough to fix the problem. But in most cases she'll need to see the vet for antibiotics. Some little kittens that have this problem and where treatment is delayed... have scarring in their sinuses that causes long term struggles with respiratory problems. I would advise veterinary care right away tomorrow to avoid these long term problems, I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions, if it did help, please leave a rating. Dr. Dan