Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I have a kitten that developed conjunctivitis after having a

Customer Question

I have a kitten that developed conjunctivitis after having a respiratory infection. Her eye was looking really bad so I took her to my vet. They said that she has damaged it, probably scratched it, and it became infected. I have been putting medicine on it for a week now. One eye cleared completely, but the other kept a white color to it up until this morning. I could see the black color in the middle, her pupil I assume, but the eye itself was swollen. Her sister than started playing with her and when she did Maddie, the kitten with the problem, cried and then I noticed a small clear marble had fallen out of her eye. The eye was still in her head, thank goodness, and it looked clearer, but I just got home from work and it looks like another ball has formed in her eye again and I'm just waiting to see if it galls out too. My vet is closed today, so I was hoping someone here can help me understand what is happening.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hi, Lisa, Can you attach a clear photograph of the eye and the "marble"?