Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

The cat has respitory problems and it belongs to my

Customer Question

The cat has respitory problems and it belongs to my mother-in-law. The vet gave her cat pet tinic 4oz., also gave her Depo Medrol 20mg/Mi 20. Also she is given Vit. b 5000mcg once a day, The cat was coughing up phelgm yesterday, she sounds like someone that has emphesmia.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Cats have coughing problems all the time but it is worrying. The Veterinarian will know what you should do. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Josie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Josie?
Customer: no the next time she goes to take her to the vets I will go with her and ask questions, I been studying this online
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Josie. Thank you for trying to help your mother in law with her cat. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Has she had a chest Xray to see if she has feline asthma? If not, a chest Xray might be a good idea.

Pet tinic is often used in anemia; is she anemic (low red blood cell count, pale gums). B12 is also used for anemia, and gastrointestinal conditions. 5000 mcg once a day sounds a little high to me, but it is hard to overdose on it. I usually give a cat 250 mcg once a week.

Is she eating well? Any weight loss? How old is Josie?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

I hope you were able to see what I sent; I did not hear back from you. How is Josie doing? Please let me know if this was helpful and if you have any more questions.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?