Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

Thank you, Dr. K.V. I live in the Inland Empire of Socal.

Customer Question

Thank you, ***** ***** I live in the Inland Empire of Socal. where non-specialist vets don't normally use ultrasound. Would I need to seek a gi specialist in a larger city to do an ultrasound? Also, even before the onset of vomiting, Minnie has been unusually high strung and mildly anxious.I used to take buspirone (Buspar) as an anti-anxiety medication which helped me relax during the process of divorce.Would this be too much medication to prescribe for a little kitty - pain + anti-anxiety meds.? Also, could my worry over her condition make things worse for her? Kitty see, kitty do?On the other hand, I noticed that she seemed to relax, maybe even fall asleep on me, the night before we visited the vet, when I crashed on the couch from exhaustion. When I woke up, she "kneaded me", for which I felt grateful, the only good sign of the real Minnie in weeks.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I'm so sorry it's taken this long to hear back from someone

I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) When did Minnie begin vomiting?
2) How often does it happen?
3) Has any blood work been performed yet?
4) Can you share your city, state and zip code so that I may be able to locate a vet near you with an ultrasound machine? Specialists are not always needed.
5) What milligram strength is the buspar?
6) Is she on any medication at this time?
7) Anything help with the vomiting?