Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

I just adopted a new 3-month-old kitten from the SPCA and

Customer Question

Hi, I just adopted a new 3-month-old kitten from the SPCA and she's sneezing and hoarse. I have a 4-year-old cat who seems fine. He has plenty of energy and his medical records say that he was treated for an upper respiratory infection but on the 5th of this moth
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the kitten can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: *month... His name is Noodle.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Noodle?
Customer: I adopted him at CatConLA where he was with a lot of other kittens in a room. He seemed fine then. He was sleeping but people had been playing with him all day. He sneezed a bit yesterday, it got more frequent this afternoon.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Jennifer Welsh replied 3 months ago.

Hello! I am Dr Welsh and I am happy to help with your questions today. I am sorry that Noodle isn't feeling well! Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this. I have a few more questions for you so that I can make the best recommendation.
How often is he sneezing?
is he eating and drinking ok?
any discharge from eyes or nose? color of discharge?
activity normal?
any coughing?