Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I have a 9 y/o Siamese mix with hair. She has always been a

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 9 y/o Siamese mix with long hair. She has always been a skittish cat, but within the past few months she has started poopingoutside the box. Today, we found some on the couch, and sprayed her with water, but I know this is to the way to go. We also notice she makes a growling noise after she poops. Please help us, as our house is small, and I have another cat as well.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the Siamese's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she is nine y/ o.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Kit?
Customer: She is very sensitive to any touch, and will bite if you touch her past her neck area.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 30 years of experience and would be happy work with you but need a bit more information in order to better assist you if you don't mind.

Are the stools formed in appearance consistently?

How many litter boxes do you have for the two cats totally?

Besides the episode on the couch, Is she defecating near the litterbox or in various areas of the house?

Does stool ever get stuck to her hair on her backside?

Has she been examined by your veterinarian lately?

Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.