Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.
55012488

Travelling with my cat. 6 in the morning. Driving a moving

Customer Question

Travelling with my cat. 6 in the morning. Driving a moving truck and towing my car. Can I give him some children's gravel and how much. He weigh about 13 lbsalthough he isn't overweight
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Jake. 5 years
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jake?
Customer: He's not happy and I have to sleep
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.

Gravol (dimenyhydrinate) is an antihistamine used primarily for prevention of motion sickness in dogs and less so in cats. The most common adverse reactions seen are central nervous system depression (lethargy, somnolence) and anticholinergic effects (dry mouth, urinary retention). GI effects (diarrhea, vomiting, anorexia) are less common but have been noted. I dose this antihistamine at 2-4 mg/lb orally every 8 hours if need be. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?