Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

My cat recently had stereo static radiation on throat

Customer Question

My cat recently had stereo static radiation on throat cancer. He sounds like he's having trouble breathing and I was wondering if I could give him another dose of his prednisone
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. How old is Recently?
Customer: A month ago
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Recently?
Customer: No. He's just been struggling with this and I know the pred helps with the swelling. He gets half a pill every morning but I wanted to give him the other half tonight to see if it would ease his breathing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?

How many hours ago was his last Pred dose?

What is the milligrams of the tablet?

What does he weigh?