Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of experience in small animal internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

My cat is an indoor/outdoor pet in the last two days he just

Customer Question

my cat is an indoor/outdoor pet in the last two days he just lays in the cornor and does not eat very much. he is ten yrs.old
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 4 months ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing?

2- Any other symptoms?

3- Any pre existing medical conditions?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no.1 no no2 no no3 no

Friend, I am sorry but I can not make a live call at this moment. But, I will be happy to answer your question on this thread. Just a few more questions.

1- Can you take a look at his gums and see if they are pink or pale?

2- Can you take his rectal temperature?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
his gums are light pink I can no take temp.

Friend, lethargy and decrease appetite are very non-specific symptoms and can be related to many different medical conditions that affect cats. It will be difficult to determine the exact underlying cause on history alone without a hands on examination. But, possible causes could be: Anemia, infections, fever, ingestion of a foreign body, kidney or liver disease, etc. to name a few causes.
In this case, your cat will need a hands on examination by a veterinarian, blood work (chemistry profile & CBC) and urinalysis as initial screening test to determine the exact underlying cause. Treatment will be based on clinical and diagnostic findings. Highly recommend having him checked as soon as possible. If cost is a concern I would look into your local ASPCA or Shelter where they often offer veterinary services at a lower cost.

I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.