Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

How can I get my 7 year old cat to quit spraying on my

Customer Question

how can I get my 7 year old cat to quit spraying on my furniture? He does have urinary track disease
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and TJ today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 30 years of experience and would be happy work with you but need a bit more information in order to better assist you.

If there is urinary tract disease, you will have much harder time getting him back to using the litter box exclusively until that is better under control. Can you give me a better idea of what exactly is going on with the urinary tract? Did he have a bacterial infection? stones? inflammation (blood) in the urine?

Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.