Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

My cat likes to eat plastic, only certain kinds. I am

Customer Question

my cat likes to eat plastic, only certain kinds. I am vigilant about throwing it all away. I put a plastic bag that some clothing came in into the trash basket but it was a small trash basket, close to the ground and he ate some of it. He threw it up.I have the plastic he threw up. But he then vomited two times again. These times it was only liquid that came up. Is he alright?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Oliver and he is 10 years old. I have the piece and the bag so I can fit the piece to the bag and see if he actually threw it all up.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Oliver?
Customer: He was in Angell Memorial Animal hospital 2 months ago because he ate a small bit of a starazer lily leaf. They ran many test and kept him there for a few days. It was toxis but with treatment his levels went back to normal.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebekah Kane replied 4 months ago.

Hi there, I am Dr. Kane, and I will do my best to assist you with your pet today. Please give me a moment to type up a response to your concerns. In the meantime- please take a moment to relay any other pertinent information. Sound good?

Are you available to text here with me now?