Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My hymalayan car is 13 years old..goes to the vet annually

Customer Question

My hymalayan car is 13 years old..goes to the vet annually for shots and checkup..this afternoon around 7/8pm she started foaming at the mouth about a handfull. She is walj ing the floors ,back and forth and in circles, off balance, pupils are dialated so big to where you cannot see her blue eyes.she walks to literbox, walks to waterbowl, then to get bed and back again. But she don't use liter box not drink her not lay in her bed. She is a inside car for 1 3 years..please help
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Lexus
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lexus?
Customer: Nothing at all, her last visit to the vet was on 5 15 2016.she is updated on all her shots.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Any retching, gagging, lip licking or vomiting?

Any chance of a seizure?

Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

Could she have eaten something she should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?

If you drop a cotton ball (as it has no odor or sound when it falls), do her eyes follow it?