Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

Mama cat had to dead kittens this morning, she is still very

Customer Question

Mama cat had to dead kittens this morning, she is still very pregnant. And is having contractions.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the kitten?
Customer: It's just I have no money at the moment to bring her to a vet
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Just gave birth to another kitten at 3:35pm
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She was very lovey. And purring before she gave birth to the latest but the kitten doesnt seem to be moving. This will be the 3rd stillborn kitten
Expert:  Terri replied 3 months ago.

Hello Kailyn,

I am so sorry Mama lost three babies. That does not mean she cannot give birth to live ones.

Can you please tell me her age and if this is her first litter?

Did the babies appear to be full term?

Did she or you get it out of the sac right away?

Expert:  Terri replied 3 months ago.

Get the baby out of the sac as soon as its born.

Use a rough towel or washcloth to rub the kitten to stimulate it to breathe. Clean the mucus out of its mouth.

Use thread to tie the cord 3 inches above the navel. Then cut an inch above the tie.

Cats have two uterine horns so mommy can have kittens in each.The nursing by the baby should bring on further contractions so you want to encourage that. Also allow her to eat the afterbirth as that brings on contractions as well

It can actually take 30 hours or more for a cat to complete a four kitten(average) delivery. When she is done she will want to eat as they feel starved. She CAN have more up to 30 hours later.

Please keep me posted on the delivery.

I am praying all will go well.

Expert:  Terri replied 3 months ago.