Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.
55012488

Vet said s intestines are balled up and s liver and one of s

Customer Question

Vet said his intestines are balled up and his liver and one of his kidneys look abnormal on xray
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Sox, he's 12
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Socks?
Customer: He's had bloody diarrhea and has lost 4 lbs in the last month
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Sox. The X-ray findings, his medical history of bloody diarrhea and profound weight loss, and his age all point to carcinomatosis - widespread malignancy in his abdominal cavity. An ultrasound of Sox's abdomen will be more sensitive than X-rays if you want further clarification if Sox can be helped. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.