Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

We adopted a beautiful 6-month old kitten in February. We

Customer Question

We adopted a beautiful 6-month old kitten in February. We recently came to the realization that he is deaf. He is not a white with blue eyes, which I know has a deafness issue. He is a tiger-stripe, possibly part Bengal or Egyptian Mau. We would like to know if his deafness was congenital or reversible. What type of specialist should we look for?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Nicco
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Nicol?
Customer: He is otherwise very health, very athletic, but gets into things that cause damage (brkeaing by pushing off shelves and counters) because he cannot hear the crash. He gets along very well with 3 older cats and 2 miniature schnauzers in the family.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebekah Kane replied 4 months ago.

Hi there, I am Dr. Kane, and I will do my best to assist you with your pet today. Please give me a moment to type up a response to your concerns. In the meantime- please take a moment to relay any other pertinent information. Sound good?

Are you available for chat at this moment?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm here.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
nevermind. Goodbye.

You don't need help now?