Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I notice her drooling a thick saliva just now ...unusual

Customer Question

i notice her drooling a thick saliva just now ...unusual ....also she didn't follow me this morning like she usually does
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do with the drooling. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Kiki 8 years
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Kick?
Customer: Kiki is an outdoor and indoor cat long haired tuxedo cat very finicky only eats dry food or canned cat food does not eat table food she is 17 lbs...She does like to sniff ferrel cats and sit with them on the deck so i don;t know if she picked up anything..we do have raccoons but she has all her shots and boosters
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Terri replied 11 months ago.

Hi Barbara

Was Kiki outside when you noticed her drooling.

What and when did she eat last?

Thanks,

Terri

Expert:  Terri replied 11 months ago.

Dear Barbara,

Drooling can be caused by an item stuck in the mouth, licking a disagreeable substance, an oral sore, a bad tooth or nausea.

Check roof and under tongue for any abnormalities. If you do not see anything give Kiki some milk or tuna water to drink.

If she is nauseated give her one quarter of a ten mg pepcid a/c (famotidine).

http://www.1800petmeds.com/Famotidine-prod11171.html

Add it to a tablespoon of chicken baby food with no onion or garlic or canned cat food.

Wait 30 minutes and offer food.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Terri

Expert:  Terri replied 11 months ago.
Hi Barbara,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

purrfectkitty