Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

I have a mockingbird that's somewhere in my front yard

Customer Question

I have a mockingbird that's somewhere in my front yard that chirps loudly all night. Is there anything I can do to encourage the bird to stop chirping or leave?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Now as this is a natural behavior, it won't be something you can likely reduce in a wild bird. That said, you can try to deter the bird from remaining where it is. To do that, there are a range of deterrents on the market that could be used (ie fake birds of prey, ultrasonic noise emitters, etc) in this case and would likely be ideal if you aren't sure where the bird is in your yard. Or if you have an ideal of where it is, you can try sprinkling used cat litter (if you have a cat or someone you know does) or use a faux urine scented deterrent to trick the bird into thinking there is a predator near that they are best to avoid.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again,

How is everything going ?

Dr. B