Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

My 6 year old cat ate 4" of the string like part of a toy

Customer Question

My 6 year old cat ate 4" of the string like part of a toy yesterday afternoon - I had hunted for it when I noticed that part of the toy was shorter - about an hour ago I was awakened with her vomiting and found the string/ rope in the vomit - there was food as well - she drank water at that time - seemed t be felling ok - purring etc - about 15 minutes ago she vomited lots of water again - and what appears to be fuzzy tiny pieces of the fabric that the string is made of - shall I watch her until regular vet opens in 4-5 hours ?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Emma -
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Emma?
Customer: That's the issue right now - otherwise healthy - a bit overweight
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Do you think she has brought it all up?

Can she keep any water down?

Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, does she have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?