Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

It's someone actually here? He may have eaten a very tiny

Customer Question

It's someone actually here?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the cat?
Customer: He may have eaten a very tiny thin necklace chain.. He Managed to find my necklace, I found the piece but cannot find chain anywhere I'm unsure of he ate it
JA: The Veterinarian will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: He is about a 1 year old and named Hellscream
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Hellscream?
Customer: No no he's just a rambunctious 13 lb large siameze Tabby mix
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 5 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** (I'm actually here!). Do you feel that he's in any distress or acting any different at this time?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No not at all
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm not sure if he ate but I can't find it
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
He was chewing on other part when I found him

Great! Did he or didn't he eat is necklace chain. Honestly, the best way to figure this out is to have your vet take a quick x-ray of him as the metal in the necklace will show up easily as to if it is there or not. Cats can eat thread, strings, and other long things like the necklace so it isn't out of the question. There is really no way to know if it is in him without that x-ray.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That's what I thought

If the necklace is there, could it pass? That depends on the length. Fingers crossed it isn't inside of him as that takes all worries out of the question.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm just freaking
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What of he did its very tiny and thin will be most likely pass it.... I've seen cats pass worms bigger but
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Will he I meant

I can understand that. Did he do this thing that seems like something that just shouldn't happen? Until you get him x-rayed, just let him be normal and do his normal things. Let's see what the film shows. If it was a piece missing less than a few inches, that wouldn't be that worrisome.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The chain is 14 inches I think but very very thin and tiny

14 inches is getting up there. In linear foreign body situations, the length is the more concerning issue. How thick or thin it is, really doesn't matter most of the time. I would definitely get him to your vet first thing for an x-ray to reveal what is going on.