Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

I have a 16 year old short haired female cat that developed

Customer Question

I have a 16 year old short haired female cat that developed a pink bubble on its face.
We had it tested and did blood work and were told it would cost $800 to remove. The
bill for that service was $500. We decided to wait because the cost was too high for us.
Now several months later the bubble has gotten larger about half an inch in diameter.
The connection to the face is small and looks like it could fall off. It does bleed at times.
Is there something we can do?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 4 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** Thank you for your question about Nala. What did the testing show that the growth was? Is there a possibility you can get a second opinion / quote for its removal from another vet clinic? The reason I ask this is that different clinics have different costs / level of medicine and the cost for procedures can definitely vary.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Growth was not cancer , some type of wart . We tried wart remover (Freeze treatment) did not work.
Should we try to remove it ? They have some type of glue too seal up wounds instead of stiches.

That is good that it hasn't show itself to be a cancerous growth at this time. To be honest, there isn't a lot you can do to get this to resolve as far as topical therapy. The skin / tissue there is altered due to the growth and resolution seems to be through surgery. A skin glue would seem to only temporarily seal the area and not necessarily heal it. It is bleeding occasionally as the actual dermal layers are altered due to the underlying issue. Could you contact another clinic to get an estimate for removal from them? It may be something that another clinic can do for a price that fits your budget. With how pedunculate this sounds, hopefully another clinic can quote something less. It can't hurt to see.