Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }

Well s energy has decreased all of the sudden, he has had

Customer Question

well his energy has decreased all of the sudden
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cat?
Customer: he has had mucas round his eyes
JA: What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: His name his Kernal Tuffy and he is 15 and 1/2
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about His?
Customer: His energy is low and is seem all of the sudden.
JA: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help His. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: he seems very weak too
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

I am a small animal vet with many years experience with cats and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Dr Scott

Hello again

Sorry to hear that Kernal Tuffy is not feeling well, however I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. This may not be what you want to hear I know but having read your question through I have to say that what you should do just to be on the safe side is have a vet check your cat over sooner rather than later. The reason I say this is that while the symptoms you describe would not allow me or any other vet to pin this down to any one particular disease via the internet the fact that he is suddenly lethargic and has an eye discharge makes me think that it is possible that he is running a temperature and so may be in the grip of some kind of infection. This would be a common cause of what you are seeing although of course in his age group many other diagnosis are also possible.

2. I normally like to suggest home remedies if I can do this safely but in your case I think it is not worth the risk as it could well be that prescription drugs such as antibiotics would be what is needed if he is indeed running a temperature. In the meantime until you can get your cat to a vet all you can do is to keep him comfortable and reassured and make sure he is taking fluids regularly.

3. However I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if your cat's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your cat is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning his sudden onset lethargy ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.