Katie Volat
Katie Volat, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian at Veterinary Hospital

I have 3 cats. 2 cats receive paradyne monthly without any

Customer Question

I have 3 cats. 2 cats receive paradyne monthly without any problem. The 3rd cat is friendly and affectionate on his terms. Any move to restrict his movement causes him to run and become so leery I can't medicate him. One of the other cats is allergic to flea bites. What do I do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: His name is Roo. I estimate his age at 7 years. I have had him for 6 years.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Rui?
Customer: He has been very healthy with no medical problems. He is 8 months past due for his annual shots because I can not get him in a carrier. He is 17 lbs and very strong.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Katie Volat replied 4 months ago.

This is Dr. KV. It sounds like Roo is quite the handful. One option to consider would be to have a mobile vet come to your house. This may be a much less stressful way to get Roo vaccinated and examined. There is also an oral flea preventative called comfortis that the vet could prescribe for him, which can be mixed into food. That way, you do not need to struggle with him to apply the paradyne.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you. I was not aware that there is an oral flea preventative. I will look into that.

You're welcome. Yes, it could be a great option for Roo. I usually recommend crushing the tablet in some wet food. Many cats take it without knowing it is there, but it would be something you'd have to test out with him.

Feel free to reach out if I can assist you further,

With appreciation,

Dr. KV

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Katie Volat