Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

My Birman cat 12 years old is not eating or drinking water.

Customer Question

My Birman cat 12 years old is not eating or drinking water. We tried giving her water but she didn't want any and started to foam at the mouth. She is not acting like herself and not very responsive.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 4 months ago.

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm a licensed veterinarian with more than twenty years of experience. I'm here to help with your question about your cat.

I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided. I'll do my best to earn your good rating, because that's the only way I receive any compensation for helping you.

In the meantime, in order to help me help you better, I'll need some more information. To start with, can you please tell me:

• Has she been losing or gaining weight for a while?
  • Any vomiting or diarrhea?
  • How long has she been sick?
  • What is your question for me tonight?

I'll be standing by and awaiting your reply. Thank you.