Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

Before I answer that- how much will this cost me? let me

Customer Question

before I answer that- how much will this cost me?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: let me think on it first please
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cat?
Customer: she is a short haired 10 yr old cat...last night she got a piece of her poop stuck on butt- it's hanging below the anus area but still on the hair...not sure how to help her- will it come off on it's own/ she'll get it off on her own? she won't let me take a wet paper towel to help get it off
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: she's healthy as far as i know
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: whiskey
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

I am a veterinarian and will do all I can to help. My name is Rebecca. I am sorry to hear about Whiskey. I just came online and saw your question.

When this happen, we often to have to remove the poop. Usually I gently clip the hair around the anus both to remove the poop and to prevent it happening again. It would be best to have a groomer or a veterinarian do this if she won't let you remove it.

She may get it off herself, if she can reach it. Please let me know if this is helpful and what other questions you have.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

I did not hear back from you! I hope you were able to see what I wrote. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?