Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

I have a female feral cat approx 10 years old. She was fine

Customer Question

I have a female feral cat approx 10 years old. She was fine until about 4 days ago. She will not eat hardly anything but she will drink water. I do not know what is wrong. The symptoms came on quickly, one day she was fine and full of energy and then the next day she started showing her symptoms. She lets me pet her in our usual spot but she seems week and not as into it as much as her usual self. I love her and I am very worried. I know I cannot take her to our vet because she will not let me and I do not want to put her through the stress involved in trapping her. Could this just be a temporary ailment ? Is there something I can do for her at home ? She is part of our family now is we want her to feel better. The only thing she seems to eat now is canned tuna. Is tuna ok ? I appreciate any information you can help me with. Bob Stemen....please help.".many thanks..
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: No not that I know of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dani Rabwin replied 4 months ago.

Hi this is Dr. Dani, I'm a small animal veterinarian and I'm happy to help with your kitty. What is her name? Has there been any weight loss? vomiting or diarrhea? Please give me some additional information and I'll be happy to offer some suggestions.