Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Granma brought in a new kitten and we have a 3yrold cat

Customer Question

Granma brought in a new kitten and we have a 3yrold cat (sonny)who loves his grandma. I kept them separated but on the 2nd day Granma brought the kitten to show sonny. He hissed and ran under my bed. Four 2 days no eating or drinking and not following his Granma around the house as usual. HELP
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Heidi
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Heidi?
Customer: She was found under a van at church with 2 siblings. She is about more than a month she is eating soft cat food and water
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Katie Volat replied 5 months ago.

This is Dr. KV. I'm sorry to hear Sonny sounds stressed by the new kitten. It is a good idea to keep the kitten in a separate area until Sonny is more comfortable. I recommend starting with offering Sonny his favorite treats to encourage him to come out from under the bed. Also leave some of his regular food and water under the bed for him to eat and drink if he is not ready to come out.