JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r-
JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r-,
Experience:  Emergency Veterinarian at Carolina Veterinary Specialists
94585309

Are you real? : my cat is breathing heavy and drooling : she

Customer Question

Are you real?
JA: No. I'm the Veterinarian's Assistant.
Customer: my cat is breathing heavy and drooling
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do with the drooling. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: she was fine a couple of hours ago
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your cat?
Customer: Bella and she 8
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r- replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear that Bella isn't doing well. What kind of cat is she? How long ago did the symptoms start? Is there any chance she could have gotten into anything toxic? Does she have any medical history? On any meds? Is she an indoor only cat?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
She is a house cat, I just noticed them awhile ago. She usually runs when I open a can of food and she didn't. I don't think she go into any toxic stuff. No Medical history. No meds.

Does she have a history of having a heart murmur? Based on what you are describing, I'd be worried that her heavy breathing and drooling could be related to a problem with her heart. Alternatively, she could be breathing heavily due to severe gastrointestinal distress. It would definitely be safest and prudent to take her into the nearest emergency hospital tonight for evaluation. It is never normal for a cat to breathe heavily and/or pant. If she is also acting lethargic, I'd be much more worried about heart disease- particularly if she seemedcompletely nornal to you earlier in the day. Hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions or can describe any other symptoms that may help me to better delineate what is going on with your little Bella. - Dr. C