Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

My kitten is about 3-4 weeks old and she won't eat she cries

Customer Question

Hi my kitten is about 3-4 weeks old and she won't eat she cries when I try to feed her
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: My son accidentlt stepped on her paw this morning and after that she's been like this
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your kitten?
Customer: Her name is Scarlett
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r- replied 4 months ago.

I'd be most concerned that she isn't eating due to pain from the accidental trauma this morning. Is she still urinating and defecating? - Dr. C

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
She did urinate earlier she's been sleeping all day , not wanting to eat
She will fall asleep for about 10 minutes then wakes up crying until I grab her and carry her and again she falls asleep

In a kitten that young, I'd worry that she will develop hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) due to not eating. Do you have any karo syrup at home? If so, you can give her a small amount orally (0.2 ml) every 2 hours to keep her blood sugar up until you can get her to your vet in the morning. That may get her feeling better enough to eat for you, but she is going to get very dehydrated very quickly if she doesn't start eating for you- I'm guessing that you are still feeding her kitten replacement milk since she's only 3-4 weeks?