Dr. Diane
Dr. Diane, Veterinarian
Experience:  20 years experience small animal medicine, surgery, and emergency medicine.
47858

My cat is a rescue cat and came from outside in the woods as

Customer Question

My cat is a rescue cat and came from outside in the woods as a kitten she is now 4 years old but has been bleeding from her vagina and now is very weak and harsly has an appetite what can I do to help her besides fork out a ton of money to help her
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Diane replied 5 months ago.
It sounds like she needs to be seen by a veterinarian as soon as possible. Is she spayed?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No is she is not and has had no shots. Is inside only
I'm sorry but I don't see your response..
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No she is not spayed and is the only cat because Im allergic to cats saliva. She is sweet loving and is an orange tabby cat. She is inside our home only
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Okay, I see your response now. Unfortunately, without seeing her, it's going to be very hard to advise you except to encourage you to get her seen ASAP. A lot of vet hospitals do offer Care Credit, which is veterinary financing..
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
She wont eat or drink hardly any milk to console or water she can walk but is slow moving and is unlike her
She may have a pyometra or another cause of vaginal bleeding, such as anemia.
You could try a house call vet and maybe just start with a basic exam, which may help to diagnose her problem.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
As a rescue cat my husband says she has been blessed to be rescued but is only 4 years old. Do you know how we will find out for sure the diagnosis and how uch the general cost is
Where do you live?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Frankfort, Ky. ��
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Also thanks for taking time to help me figure this out of course
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I love this animal yet feel like it deserves more and dont want to see it die but cant afford a huge bill with our 2 year old daughter as an addition to our fam
She will need an exam, some bloodwork, and possible x-rays of her abdomen to diagnose her. Depending on your area, I would estimate approx $300, possibly a bit more. I just traveled to KY last week, loved it.
Is there any possibility that she may have gotten into any medication?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, no possibility for that at all.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Kentucky is beautiful however its a completely different world if you are from out west. Cats are wild and are everywhere here.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
She does try to drink from toilet and we make a point to keep seat cover down
Ok, then going back to previous response, likely she will need a work up. I'm from the East but love horse country. The only other option I can think of besides Care Credit is trying to reach out to some cat rescues in your area to help w/ expenses.
Meantime, try to minimize her having to move around too much, keep her warm, put water litter box and food close to her, and no OTC meds.
Good luck w/ her and pls let me know how she does...
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you so much. I will take her to vet tomorrow after work just hope she can hang on.
Best wishes and pls let me know <3
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok
How did things go today?