Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

Just introduced a new kitten to the environment. 2 year old

Customer Question

just introduced a new kitten to the environment. 2 year old cat has no other noticable symptoms other than a raspy meow - is she stressed by the new addition or could it me an infection? eats, sleeps , plays well, normal bathroom
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the kitten. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: coco
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Coco?
Customer: no, she was fine until the kitten came on board. Just had distemper/rabies shots 3 weeks ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Coco. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

If Coco had an infection, I would expect to see things like sneezing, watery eyes, fever, and perhaps eating less and hiding more, less active. This raspy meow could possibly be the first sign of a respiratory infection. How long since you got the kitten? If the kitten was carrying an infection, it might be a week after being exposed that Coco might start to show other symptoms.

If he is eating well, playing normally, and not sneezing or coughing he probably does not have a serious infection at this time.

Let me know how he is doing and what other questions I can answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I hope you were able to see what I sent. Can I help with or answer anything else?