Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Large lump between cat's eyes. Lump is hard. Not an abscess

Customer Question

Large lump between cat's eyes. Lump is hard. Not an abscess My vet thought something was in it but surgery revealed a hole. Treated with antibiotics and EnteDerm into the drain hole for 10 days. It is now spreading somewhat over one eye.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the cat's eye's name?
Customer: His name is Smokey
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Smokey?
Customer: He is 19 but has never been sick before. He is eating and did seem to do better after they opened it up. Just wasn't a lot they could take out. Searching for answers.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and Smokeyt today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 30 years of experience and would be happy work with you but need a bit more information in order to better assist you if you don't mind.

When the surgery was done, was any tissue submitted for biopsy?

Was there evidence of infection (pus)?

Does Smokey go outside or is he confined indoors only?

Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.