Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

My name is Cindy, : my nine year old maine coon, has thrown

Customer Question

hi, my name is Cindy,
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cat?
Customer: my nine year old maine coon, has thrown up pile about once or twice a day for two days. Will only drink a small amount, and hasn't eaten.
JA: The Veterinarian will know if the maine will be able to digest that. What is the maine's name?
Customer: no health issues ever.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the maine?
Customer: He is extremely picky, and only eats his kibble. Not one to eat foreign objects. He is an indoor cat.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 4 months ago.

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm a licensed veterinarian with more than twenty years of experience. I'm here to help with your question about your Maine Coon Cat.

I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided. I'll do my best to earn your good rating, because that's the only way I receive any compensation for helping you.

In order to help me help you better, I'll need a little more information. To start with, please tell me:

• Is he/she your only cat?
  • Has he/she also been losing weight?
  • Any other symptoms like diarrhea?

I'll be standing by and awaiting your reply. Thank you.