Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

I used some Bac-Out in my laundry before reading that the

I used some Bac-Out in my laundry before reading that the ingredients include citrus terpenes, and now my small apartment smells very strong.I know cats are sensitive to essential oils skin-wise, but I'm wondering if they'll be okay scent-wise? I've opened windows/they're sticking fairly close to them (were hyper earlier), just unsure of what else to do? Can cats be harmed by scents in this way (or even diffused essential oils/scents, which I've never used in case)?

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

I do apologize that my colleague could not aid you while I was away.

In regards ***** ***** question, cats are sensitive and we can see respiratory irritation (ie coughing, wheezing sneezing, changes in breathing rate) in severe exposures. Though often if we can get the area well ventilated and get them into clean air (as they are), we don't tend to see any long term harm.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )