Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM

The 11 year old spayed female cat

Customer Question

The 11 year old spayed female cat
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 4 months ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this. Unfortunatley, sometimes when animals are spayed they can have a tiny amount of ovary left in their body or they can sometimes have some ectopic ovary. In other words some ovary located somewhere else along the reproductive tract. This can result in these animals having a partial type heat and that is why cats will stick their rear up in the air.........obviously there could be some other internal reason like a reproductive tumor but that is very unlikley. It is much more likely that your kitty still has some ovary left. Sometimes a vet can go back in and get this out. But I usually recommend a boarded surgeon do this since these can be very hard to find.

I hope this helps you. Let me know if you have additional questions. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated for my answers. A positive rating will not close this question as I am happy to answer any follow up questions. Thank you very much!

Please note that the information I provide is intended as general information only and not intended to replace the advice of your veterinary professional.

Expert:  Dr B replied 4 months ago.

I would greatly appreciate a rating. Thank you very much. DRB