Pet Doc
Pet Doc, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian - BVSc

My cat is making frequent trips to the litter box and

Customer Question

my cat is making frequent trips to the litter box and spending alot of time ea visit to make just a drop or 2 of urine.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 4 months ago.

Hi there,

Thanks for your question regarding your girl Jeffie. I am currently typing up a response and will have something for you in the next 5 minutes.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,

Dr E

Expert:  Pet Doc replied 4 months ago.

Hi again,

Thank you for your patience. The most likely problem here is that Jeffie either has cysitits or a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are much more common in older cats as their urine tends to be more dilute - hence it is easier for bacteria to flourish and grow. Cystitis is the medical term for bladder inflammation and can occur in cats of any age due to stress. The increased frequency of attempting to urinate with only a few drops of urine passed, is quite common with either condition. Both of these conditions really do require Veterinary intervention and medication - usually antibiotics and/or antiinflammatories. A urine test including possibly a full culture would be the next best step to get an exact diagnosis on this. For now however, you really do need to try and get her to drink as much as possible - this is very important. You can try making her up a chicken broth if she really isn't a good drinker. Do get her seen at some point today or tomorrow if you can.

I hope all of the above makes sense? If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks! I hope to work with you again soon!

Kind Regards,

Dr E

PS: If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. E..." or "Pet-doc..." and others will leave the questions for me.

Expert:  Pet Doc replied 4 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Jeffie. How is everything going?

Pet Doc