Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat has vomited a few times today and then we took m to

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, my cat has vomited a few times today and then we took him to the vet. they gave him an anti-nausea injection and he threw up again. then he had diahhrhea and now there is clear discharge coming from his anus. what should we do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: we're not sure what he ate because he goes outside sometimes
JA: What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: we're really scared for him. he had a streak of red blood in his pee - his name is ***** ***** he's about 4 1/2 years
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Oscar?
Customer: Oscar is normally happy and healthy - he is hiding and seems to be in pain if we try to pet or touch him, but he's still able to walk around. thank you so muuch for your help and correspondence
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebekah Kane replied 5 months ago.

Hi there- I am Dr. Kane and I will try to assist you tonight with Pearl. You mentioned that he has been vomiting and had some red blood in his urine. Have you noticed him spending more time in the litter box, or straining to urinate at all? When he urinated was it more than a few drops?

Sorry- just noticed his name is ***** ***** Pearl!