Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

I accidentally dropped my recliner on the kitten while

Customer Question

Hi I accidentally dropped my recliner on the kitten while looking for him. Please respond really worried
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the kitten?
Customer: He's not walking properly and he usually bounces around please help he is crawling but can walk a wee bit x
JA: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: It was actually the neck but he is lying down nearly sleeping in the bed that the mother was in with him. Is this usual ? X
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the kitten?
Customer: He's 8 weeks old c
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 5 months ago.

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 16 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

I am so very sorry this happened! They do always seem to be underfoot and end up in the wrong location. This is one of those situations that is a medical emergency, especially since you note he is not walking properly. He probably has a fracture (pelvis, ribs, etc) and really must be seen right away. We need to be sure aside from possible fractures he is not experiencing any internal bleeding or having any chest problems (ruptured airways, blood in airways) which could become rapidly life-threatening.

I wish I could assure you all will be well at home, but I cannot. I must recommend take him right now to be seen on emergency.