Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

Is catnip health to give to my cats? My cats have never

Customer Question

Is catnip health to give to my cats? My cats have never liked catnip but I recently bought a spray and I spray it on their favorite toys and the carpet. But is there any harm in giving it to them?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 11 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** Thank you for your question about this situation with your two cats. The pictures are great as they both look so comfortable. Can you take a picture of the exact product? Catnip itself isn't something that is going to cause any health issues with a cat. It is something that can cause different states of stimulation in different cats. Some become very excited by its odor while others will become more relaxed while others won't be affected at all. I personally have various toys in my house that hat catnip in them for my cats to play with. I have some dried in a container too that I sprinkle on a scratching post to help make it more attractive for activity with it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for the info. Here's a photo of the spray.

Alright. Looks like a spray that should seem harmless enough. Can you take a picture of the ingredients in it?