Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

breeder may have given 8 week old kitten second dose of

Customer Question

breeder may have given 8 week old kitten second dose of modified live 3 way by mistake.

Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 4 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** Thank you for your question. I want to understand this as best as possible. An 8 week old kitten could have gotten 2 doses of which specific vaccine (the FVCRP vaccine)? When was the first one maybe given and the second one maybe given?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

zoetis 3 way minutes apart. Really almost an hour and no reply???! WOW!

I'm sorry for my delay. An emergency came up on my side. For the most part, this shouldn't be that concerning of a situation. If a kitten was to get two vaccines, it may have a very small chance of causing an allergic reaction or pain at that site of injection. Most kittens would handle this with no problem. If an allergic reaction was to happen, it would be from the vaccine and not from the amount of the vaccine given. More than likely this would cause some tiredness and that would be about it. As long as the kitten is quiet, alert, and not having any extreme weakness, vomiting, or collapse - then it wouldn't be worrisome.