Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

He is suddenly very lethargic. He keeps acting like he needs

Customer Question

He is suddenly very lethargic. He keeps acting like he needs to throw up, opens his mouth widely but does not vomit
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: He ate dinner tonight, and was playing earlier. Very sudden. He is just over a year old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 10 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Is he gagging/retching when he opens his mouth? Or does he look to be having issues breathing?

Are his gums pink or pale/white?

If you press on his belly, any discomfort, tensing or pain?

Has he been passing urine normally?

Any history of injury or trauma? Any toxins, plants or chemicals he could have gotten into?