Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

We have two Burmese brothers that are both neutered. They

Customer Question

We have two Burmese brothers that are both neutered. They have been together as buddies for almost 7 years. All of a sudden, since we have flea busters to the house they have been fighting (I mean seriously fighting) the larger one attacks the smaller one and it is serious. We have tried everything.....now where I have the smaller one isolated because he
feel intimated he is starting to mark. What else can happen! We are at a
complete loss. Ellen - Burbank, CA
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

I would try this... there is a product called Feliway, and it is a pheromone that calms and soothes cats and can prevent fighting. You purchase diffusers that you plug in and they emit this pheromone. Depending on how large your home is, you may only need one, or one for each floor. I have had success with my patients with similar situations. You can purchase it on Amazon or at pet stores:

http://www.amazon.com/Ceva-Feliway-Plug-Diffuser-Refill/dp/B000WHUOEI

That is what I would try next.

After that, I have found that caging them in cages directly next to each other (touching) for the day while you are gone can get them back to being content with each other again.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Bonuses are not necessary, but are appreciated, as they go directly to me rather than to the website. Best of luck.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Bleu And Lil Bits. How is everything going?

Dr. Ann M.