Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005

Why would a cat that is 9 years old have muscle loss? He is

Customer Question

Why would a cat that is 9 years old have muscle loss? He is still eating and drinking well and otherwise seems healthy.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

Does he have any known health issues, such as a heart murmur? When was the last time he was at the vet for an exam? Does he go outside?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Inside outside cat. Was checked out last year. No heart murmur, but lab work, senior profile, was not done.

Okay. Intestinal parasites can cause this, as can kidney or liver disease, or hyperthyroidism. Heart disease and cancer are also on the list. I recommend starting with giving a tapeworm dewormer and a general dewormer, then see your vet for blood work and a stool check and go from there.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Bonuses are not necessary, but are appreciated, as they go directly to me rather than to the website. Best of luck.

Are you there? Please let me know if you have further questions.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you!

You are most welcome! Please remember to rate my service so that I will receive compensation for assisting you today. Good luck!

I'm just following up on our conversation about Robin Mckean. How is everything going?

Dr. Ann M.