Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Cat vomit saliva from baby's breath : Not that I know of

Customer Question

Cat vomit white saliva from baby's breath
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: Not that I know of just found it on the floor and ther was an leaf
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** is 5 she seams fine maybe it just got stuck
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Tea?
Customer: No she is healthy
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Jennifer Welsh replied 6 months ago.

Hello! I am Dr Welsh and I am happy to help with your questions today. I am sorry that Tea isn't feeling well. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this. I have just a few more questions for you to make a recommendation.

Just so I clarify, there was baby breath in her vomit?

is she eating and drinking ok?
acting normal otherwise?

I am sorry that Tea is experiencing this, and I hope that we can get her back in the right direction!
Since I haven't heard back from you I will try to give you some recommendations based on what you provided. If I get a little more clarity I may alter it slightly.
Baby's breath can be toxic to cats, but fortunately it is not life-threatening. It can cause vomiting and diarrhea, lethargy, anorexia. If she chewed on some, that could be the cause of the vomiting. Sometimes cats will eat leaves/grass/etc and can't digest them, so they come back up. I suggest looking around and making sure you remove any other toxic plants that you may have.

If if wasn't the baby's breath and just a leaf or grass, she should be fine and continue acting normal.
sometimes pet's can have what is called bilious vomiting, where they go too long without eating anything and can vomit up bile (white or white-yellow color vomit); you can avoid this by giving a few pieces of kibble or a treat in between meals. (usually 12+h between meals);
sometimes they can vomit from excessive hair as well, even though it doesn't look like a typical hairball, if a chunk of hair gets in there just right it can cause them to vomit.
If the vomiting continues, or she stops eat,drinking, seems lethargic, definitely get her to the vet to be evaluated. it could be that this was coincidental, and would recommend getting a workup if continues to rule out other causes to the vomiting. it isn't normal for cats to routinely vomit, so if she starts making this a habit definitely want to get her seen to rule out other causes.

I will be offline soon so if you have any additional questions I will answer them first thing in the morning. I hope that I have answered your questions but will definitely check in the morning to make sure there isn't anything additional. If not please let me know if you were satisfied with the answers, or we can definitely continue discussing this further until we get to the bottom of this! I want to get Tea feeling better and will help any way that i can :)