Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic cats, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

MY CAT IS LIMPING--RIGHT REAR P SEEMS THE ISSUE. MY HUSBAND

Customer Question

MY CAT IS LIMPING--RIGHT REAR HIP SEEMS THE ISSUE. MY HUSBAND THINKS IT'S DISLOCATED. IS THAT FATAL FOR A CAT?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

I have good news for you, in the case that Lolo's hip is dislocated it is not fatal. It can be quite uncomfortable but fortunately cats do very well as long as they have at least 3 legs they can walk on. If her hip is dislocated the best thing to do is to try to encourage as much resting and prevent as many jumping attempts as you can. DO NOT give over the counter human pain medications as there are none that are both safe and effective for cats. On Mon if she is still limping have her see the vet for an xray and a treatment plan. If her hip is dislocated cat's are great healer's and likely she'll be able to recover. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions, if it did please leave a rating. Dr. Dan

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 6 months ago.
Hi Lynn,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Lolo. How is everything going?

Dr. Dan