Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My cat ate a twisty tie. : Buffyy is 9 months old. : He

Customer Question

My cat ate a twisty tie.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Buffyy is 9 months old.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Buffy?
Customer: He weighs about 12 pounds.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Buffy. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

There is pretty good chance a twisty tie will pass, in an average sized cat. We worry most about things that are over 6 inches or more. You could take her to a veterinary emergency clinic to induce vomiting to see if the twisty will come back up, if she ate this in the last hour. If it is longer than an hour, I would just monitor her. As long as she is not vomiting, and is eating, she is OK. The twisty may pass in a few days to up to a week.

You can always have an Xray taken to see where it is, and if it is moving through.

Let me know what other questions I can answer, and if this is helpful.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.

I hope you were able to see what I wrote! Let me know if this was helpful and how she is doing.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

How is he doing today?