Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Nothing yet. My cat has a rough scaley patch on her back.

Customer Question

Nothing yet. My cat has a rough scaley patch on her back. I'm considering putting palmer's cocoa butter on it but I wondered if it could be harmful if she licked it.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Sunee is 14.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Seenu?
Customer: My regular vet took a scraping which is being cultured for fungus. Results won't be back for 3 weeks. I was given Mal-A-Ket pads to use on the spot twice a day.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 9 months ago.

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm a licensed veterinarian with more than twenty years of experience. I'm here to help with your question about Sunee and the scaly patch.

I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided. I'll do my best to earn your good rating, because that's the only way I receive any compensation for helping you.

In order to help me help you better, I'll need a little more information. To start with, please tell me:

• How long ago did you start using the Mal-A-Ket pads?
  • Since you started using them, is it getting better, worse, or staying the same?
  • Is Sunee otherwise healthy and on no medications?

I'm sorry it took a while for an expert to pick up your question. I'll be standing by and awaiting your reply. Thank you.