Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

My cat is staggering and losing her balance. She has stopped

Customer Question

My cat is staggering and losing her balance. She has stopped eating. She is 10 years old.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did your cat have a fall?
Customer: No, she has never climbed or jumped on ANYTHING. I got her when she was 6. Never been outside. Sleeps on the floor
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. It might be a fracture. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Muffin
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Muffin?
Customer: she ha always been a pickey eater, very lazy, never plays with toys. She is drinking water
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately if you have responded back to me within 10 minutes of my response. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

How long has this been going on for?

Are her eyes moving from side to side or up and down quickly?

Is her head tilted to any direction, or is she walking in circles?